Photo as seen in The Mighty
There are many benefits to rising before the sun. Some of these benefits are also good for our mental health. As you begin the day, think about how being an early riser might kick off your week on the right foot. Here are a few examples:
- Skipping snooze makes you feel empowered and in control of your day.
- Having a plan for the day is better than feeling rushed for work or school.
- Giving yourself time to exercise is good for the body and the brain.
- You will have time to check in with loved ones including yourself.
- Start feeling better connected by checking the news or getting a head start on work.
Get a good night’s sleep, drink some coffee, and have a wonderful week!
Main ideas from The Mighty. Read the article here.
“Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Find Angst screenings: Events in your community
Host a screening: Click here to learn more
If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, please reach out to someone who can help, and in an emergency, call 911, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255, or text the Crisis Text Line 741741.