Photo as seen in The Mighty
“Being a human can be a messy, hard, confusing, painful experience sometimes.”
- Call a trusted friend or family member and talk it out.
- Book a session (or more!) with your therapist.
- Decrease your expectations of yourself during the tough time.
- Watch your favorite movie or TV show.
- Reread your favorite picture and chapter books from childhood.
- Breathe. Deeply. Slowly. Four counts in. Six counts out.
- Go outside and be in the sunshine.
- Lay down on the ground. Let the earth/floor hold you.
- Write a list of why you are going to be OK.
- Listen to music.
- Help out at your local humane society.
For more ideas courtesy of The Mighty, see the full list here
Let us know what helps you calm down when things are tough!
ANGST IN THE NEWS
(in case you missed it!)
NBC Sports: Michael Phelps Shares Being Bullied, Depressed in Film
Find Angst screenings: Events in your community
Host a screening: Click here to learn more
“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
– Wayne Dyer
If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, please reach out to someone who can help, and in an emergency, call 911, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255, or text the Crisis Text Line 741741.